02blackout | '08 Escalade

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by 02blackout, May 3, 2012.

1. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Hello all, haven't been on here much as I've been busy with school. Haven't posted many write ups either, most recent one was in December.
    Check it out: http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/show-shine/32792-2007-jaguar-xk.htm. Onward...

___________________2008 Cadillac Escalade___________________

I actually detailed this Escalade last summer, just now getting around to it :shrug: This beast was by far the biggest feat in my detailing business time. I always poke fun and ask the clients to get the car as dirty as possible for me. This one really did hahaha. Real good guy though, going to post up his SL500 and LS430 shortly after this.

For this Escalade he wanted it to be looking its best, as he had an important airport pick-up soon. And I did just that....huge write up instore.

Disclaimer: It was a very hot, humid summer in beautiful Memphis (Collierville/Germantown area) so I apologize for revealing my blubber :thumb:

Enjoy.

____________________________________________________________________________

Upon drop off....doesn't look that bad right?
    [​IMG]

Think again!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Accordingly, start with the wheels. CG Grime Reaper is one of my preferred products
    [​IMG]

Sonax Full Effect on wheels
    [​IMG]

Raceglaze Brush for barrels. It has broke since then, for ~$35 shipped it's not the sturdiest brush out there...
    [​IMG]

Swissvax Wheel Brush
    [​IMG]

Grime Reaper 4:1 on tyres and arches
    [​IMG]

P21S Polishing Soap to top it off. Really brought out the shine.
    [​IMG]

Degreased the car with a light mixture of GR. They say not to use it on the paint and I have seen why. If too strong it leaves trails and is hard to get off. However, I use it to strip off prior LSPs etc when I know I'm going to polish. So used GR on all lower panels
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

then foamed the car with a nice mixture of CG Maxi Suds. Let it sit for about 5 minutes then rinsed the car off
    [​IMG]

P21S Polishing Soap on all various metal trim. Again, this stuff is a go-to product
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Agitated cracks, crevices, and trim with 10:1 APC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same with door jambs, used an exterior-dedicated Swissvax Detail Brush
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally on to the wash! Gave this beauty a generous Prima Mystique wash
    [​IMG]

Uber sponge. I prefer a quality sponge over a mitt because you can clearly see any debris/junk on it so you won't marr paint
    [​IMG]

Escalade received an indepth clay bar treatment. I have no clue what lube I used but I knew what I was doing, looks like soapy water.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dried off with a leaf blower
    [​IMG]

CG quick detail spray and a fat microfiber to dry furthermore
    [​IMG]

After wash:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Long day...pulled the beast into the garage to setup for indepth paint correction.
    [​IMG]

"The studio" :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Taping up metals, trim, plastics, and emblems
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ready for correction
    [​IMG]

Went with about an 90% paint correction. Following with Klasse AIO polish/sealant (to see what the 'polish' aspect of it could do, as in clearing up any minor scratches or trails) then a special mystery wax :giggle:
    Here is what I was up against.
    [​IMG]

Went with a 2step correction using Menzerna PowerFinish on a Green Uber pad via Flex 4301 and Menzerna 85rd on a Blue Lake Country Pad via Flex 3401. For the 85rd I used it was a 'jeweling' stage. Spread at 3 as usual then bumped it up to 6 (highest) while applying NO pressure at all, this really burnishes the paint to a high gloss.

50/50
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Didn't want to remove emblems or get into the nitty gritty so hand polished where needed
    [​IMG]

Done for the night, time to turn in.......

Next day....The Escalade in the nude. This is just its beautiful paint, no wax or sealant applied
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As my ears were ringing and back was hurting, I decided to take a break from polishing and move onto the interior. I find it so annoying and hard to take pictures while doing the interior. Managed to get a few though. Sorry in advance for the lack of pics.

Vacuumed out this bad boy with the household Dyson and a shopvac. Trash can along side for trash.
    [​IMG]

Swissvax Detail Brush dedicated for just interiors
    [​IMG]

Wiped down console, dash, doors etc with APC 10:1. Cleaned windows as well. No pics.

Seats received a leather treatment. Heres what I used. (not pictured: Leather Masters Vital and Protection)
    [​IMG]

Didn't to get any before and after pics of the seats. BUT you might have noticed a black Explorer lurking in some pics. I had boldly booked it at the same time as the Escalade. It underwent a similar detail as the Caddy but not as indepth.

Here's a 50/50 of the Explorers seat, Caddy had the same leather treatment
    [​IMG]

Explorer during polishing
    [​IMG]

Done. Underwent a 2 stage correction topped with Chemical Guys Enzyme
    [​IMG]

Back to 'more' polishing :shakehead: ..........

Propped back door open to aid in polishing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

After finishing polishing I attended all the metals. Hand polishing with Klasse AIO. It refreshened the metal, cleared up light haze and scratches, while giving it a strong protective layer of sealant.
    [​IMG]

Tried something new out to give the Escalade the ultimate finish...

Applied the Klasse AIO to the paint on a Grey Lake Country pad at speed 4-5 via Flex 3401. Applied a generous line across the full diameter of the pad to ensure full coverage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final wash/rinse to remove any remaining oils, polish dust etc. Used tradition two bucket method with Prima Mystique
    [​IMG]

The sealant provided superior beading
    [​IMG]

Dried off as before....leaf blower, CG quick detail, and a fat/plush/clean microfiber

Applied Klasse AIO to wheels (normally use CG Jetseal 109) and windows. I essentially covered the entire Escalade with it because it's such a useful product and was trying to get rid of the bottle so I could order a bigger one.
    [​IMG]

Tyres got Poorboys Bold and Bright and wheel wells got CG BareBones. No pics.

All plastics got 303 Aerospace Protectant
    [​IMG]

Gave the car a thorough wipedown of a 10:1 ONR (Optimum No Rinse) mixture merely because of its light cleaning ability and to ensure the paint is completely ready for the final LSP (Last Step Product).

Wanted to go with my biggest weapon; a superior, bespoke wax that astonishes me every time I use it.
    Only 60 pots of this wax were made exclusively for the high standards of Scandic Shine in Norway. It ran me nearly $400...

LSP of choice: Swissvax Insignis
    [​IMG]

Sadly I only have 1 final picture as it was late and needed to return it...it really did look utterly amazing. ~2.5 days of work really showed.
    [​IMG]

That should be all of it! Thank you all for viewing. Given I didn't include everything in the write up, hope yall took and thing or two out of it. Questions and comments are welcome!

Teaser for a write up soon to come :thumb:
    [​IMG]

-Lance

2. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

topless detailing service...now that's another thing to market for detailers...:giggle:

hahaha...good job man, i know how it feels to detail in the heat, sucks balls but you went through it well!

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Nice turn around !!!! I looks great .

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

So whats your pre-workout?

LOL nice job

5. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

Nice work. Nice to see another Klasse user here. I use it as a base coat as well. Flex on 3 with a white pad. It will clean up hazing from heavier polishes.

6. 02blackout

yeah when people see my massive muscles they will be convinced that I'm their detailer of choice

Thank you!

Hahahah Dave I know you and working out
    At the time just Jack3d and Walmart protein. Now it's Animal Rage and Stack with an LSP of Muscle Milk ;)

I appreciate it. Klasse really is a good product. Going to always keep it in my arsenal but definitely going to be trying out new products.

7. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Great work man:thumb: by the way hows the Mustang?

8. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

nice job

9. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Thanks "J".........I was just going to ask this myself .

10. 02blackout

Thanks! Well the about the Mustang....she took a turn for the worst back in December. Totaled her :(
    Haven't had a car at school since then but I drive that Infiniti in the pics when I'm in town. Should be getting a new car soon though!

Thank you

Haha you guys are a hoot. I would fill you guys in on my muscle-shredding workout but it's a secret ;)
    Thank you sir!

11. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

Nice work it looks like it needed a lot of work :) Good job bringing it back!

12. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle DB Pro Supporter

that is a lot of work for sure

choice in pads / polish for the explorer? same as the escalade? thanks...

13. K3RMiTdot

K3RMiTdot DB Forum Supporter

wow you loook good doing it too hhaha

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Great job, Caddy came out beautiful!

15. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

Nice work!

16. 02blackout

Sure did! Definitely my biggest project yet.

Pretty much except Explorer didn't get Klasse AIO. I used whatever pads I mentioned in the write up (haha) and the Sexplorer got Powerfinish on green Uber pad then Menz 85rd on Black Lake Country pad.

holy smokes

Thank yall!

17. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Looks like GR doesn't just strip lsp's...lol! Great job on such a big Suv!

18. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Wow. Looks good man. Those Escalades are huge and require tons of work. Im surprised to see you posting as its been a very long time.

19. Halen

Halen Virgin Detailer

Outstanding work on that Escalade!