02blackout | '04 SRT-10 Viper

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by 02blackout, Jul 8, 2012.

1. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10

A glimpse of what's in store for this write-up
    [​IMG]

This beautiful Viper is in for a two-step correction topped with the new Opti-Coat 2.0. First time using OptiCoat so excited to see it's yields. The Viper was in overall good condition, rarely driven in the rain and only used when a little "fun" is wanted :applause2:

The day I did this Viper marked about two weeks of drought in the Memphis area so it was veryyy toasty out. Rained later that evening actually. Onward...

Good condition
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's that black junk that we always see on steering wheels
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onto the wash................
    A little Maxi Suds into the wash media bucket
    [​IMG]

The media
    [​IMG]

APC 4:1 On tyres, wheels, and arches
    [​IMG]

Stiff bristle tyre brush
    [​IMG]
    SV Brush
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CG Citrus Wash + Maxi Suds
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let sit for about 3-4 min, it really lifted away a lot of dirt and grime from the jambs
    [​IMG]

Washed with natural sea sponge and CG Maxi Suds- out of Prima Mystique...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Foaming the vert top for cleaning
    [​IMG]

SV Brush
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blow dried car and finished up with ONR QD with a Monster microfiber
    [​IMG]

The Viper stretching with all its beauty
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Claying with ONR Lube
    [​IMG]

Light contamination
    [​IMG]

Viper had clear bra so taped them off so the medium abrasives in Menz PowerFinish wouldn't harm the bra
    [​IMG]

Ready for the dirty work
    [​IMG]

No Pics: Stage 1- Menzerna PowerFinish on a Green 5.5" Uber Pad via Flex 3401 at speed 5, medium pressure

Stage 2 - Menzerna 85rd on a Blue 5.5" LC Pad via Flex 3401 with medium pressure at speed 4 then bumping up to speed 6 with no pressure at all- this really breaks down the [finishing] polish and brings out the gloss
    [​IMG]

The results:
    [​IMG]

The Viper subsequently got a foam wash to remove polish dust and oils. Then dried it off accordingly..
    [​IMG]

Here she is in the raw; bare, beautiful paint ready to be sealed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheel lips got Menz SIP to bring out the clarity. Menz Powerlock for protection. PoorBoys Bold N Bright on tyres
    [​IMG]

Glass sealed PowerLock
    [​IMG]

Viper got a final 91% IPA wipe down in prep for the magical nano sealant
    [​IMG]

LSP (Last Step Product) of Choice............
    [​IMG]

Initial thought: This sh*t comes in an injector??? And theres only a few mL's in it? How is this going to work...

After using: Wow

[​IMG]

Removal
    [​IMG]

_______________________Finals

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a sick stance...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tucked away for the night
    [​IMG]

------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for viewing. Questions and comments welcome! :thumb:

-Lance

2. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

wow, good job Lance. How did you know you put on opti-coat correctly on a white car? I don't have any experience on opti coat.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Good to see someone else us MPL on the windows......... good work!

4. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

Did you seal the bra with opti coat as well? Did you seal the edge to the Pak t or did you leave the tape on the transition line?

Great job, nice car. Thinking of trying it myself.

5. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Great work Lance, opti coat has a great look. That's only thing I've used for the last 10 full details I have had and it just looks great. I know the other project I sent you didn't go in your favour and I wished I messaged you sooner but don't let that stop you, you do great work. Keep it UP!

6. 02blackout

Thanks man. Great question... working on white is a pain. I had the flood light near by and also used the outdoor light as well. I put it on thinly enough to where I would feel no snag when rubbing the applicator sponge across the surface. Keep doing the criss cross method but just until there is no drag.

Hell yeah. I love using it on the paint, it's so easy to remove so I just throw it on everything hahaha

I don't understand your question. Yes I sealed the clear bras with Opti. All the tape was removed after correction followed by an IPA wipedown in prep for OptiCoat

Thanks man. Opti is sick. Is it cheaper at the Covington Pike location than buying it onlineeeeee?

7. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

how many ml of opti-coat did you use on this car? that little injector bottle doesn't look big at all...maybe 4 sedans?
    Did you charge this customer extra for the opti-coat?

8. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

Lance sorry for the typo in my original question. So if opti coat is like adding a clear coat and you go over the bra and the transition from paint to bra are you sealing the bra on the car. I have a few cars I was thinking of coating and Opti coat is one of the considerations. Just curious about the procedure on the transition.

Great job on a sick car.

9. 02blackout

Not sure how many I used but very little. I charge a little extra fee for the OptiCoat.

You're thinking about the Opti a little too hard bro. It's not really like a clear coat. It's just a sealant, it's just protection. Yes I use it on the clear bra on go over the transition but its just as if I was putting wax on there. The paint is protected but not like a paint clear coat like you are thinking. hope that answers your question.

10. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Looks good Lance. How the hell you been man? It's been forever since i have seen you post on here. Hope all is well with school and all. As for doing a photoshoot with white. One thing i can suggest (and i am by no means a pro, just take photos for fun) white and light colored cars like silver if shooting with a DSLR camera need to be underexposed slightly to show the gloss. If you over expose those light colors the photo's will appear to be blown out. Or shoot them when it's just a bit overcast.

I have yet to try opti-coat but it looks good.

11. 02blackout

Wassup bro. Yeah haven't posted lately but have a lot of cars lined up. Including the others you see in the pics :) Finished soph year at Mississippi State but coming back and transferring to Memphis cause I landed a sick job here. So I've been doin it right hahah.

As for the shoot, my camera actually isn't a DSLR. it's a real nice Lumix camera, it look s just like a DSLR and takes fantastic pics but I don't have the capabilities of setting exposures and all that jazz. My Lumix has still been tkaing great pics though!

Thanks for your post!

12. DonVaughn

DonVaughn Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great googly-moogly that looks good. Awesome job! Never been a fan of Vipers simply because of their interior, but I can overlook that when one looks this good...

13. JsDtell

JsDtell Any Rag Vehicle Washer

looks good man, have you tried applying the OG by putting the foam pad in a rubber glove and wrapping it in a shop towel and applying it like that? cause that sponge soaks up that OG pretty bad.