▀▄ Miglior Detailing: Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 - Stunning in Black! ▄▀

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Miglior, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

[​IMG]
    Please take the time to view our full website!!
    Detailing In Lancashire Manchester & North West - Miglior Detailing!
    If you want to see daily update and photos, please follow us! Links are below!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black

Good evening guys, here’s another write up from Miglior Detailing!

This time it’s another Range Rover Vogue Autobiography. This car was booked in for a Light correction detail and an interior deep clean plus leather detail.

Our light correction detail is perfect for owners who want a huge turnaround in their vehicle paintwork, without worrying about absolute perfection. This package may be chosen due to budget as it’s cheaper than our full correction, or It is a popular choice for vehicles that are driven daily and used by the family. What our light correction detail does is correct approx. 85-90% of the swirl marks, without removing too much clear coat. It is important to stress here that our light correction service does not rely on filling any defects at all, that’s something we are against at Miglior when it comes to correcting paint. Whilst our light correction detail is cheaper and a less intensive version of our full correction, that’s not to say the results are not just as stunning! Take a look at the photos below to see what we mean!

The car was dropped off one evening shortly after the owner had bought it. As it was a new car to the current owner, he wanted the car to look its absolute best to suit his budget.

[​IMG]

The car came from the dealership full of wax residue. This was all over the car and it looked a real mess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here’s an idea of the condition of the paint and swirl marks… more on this later!

[​IMG]

General state of the car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I set about cleaning the car and decontaminating the paint. It was a very cold day with water freezing on the car so I didn't take many pics outside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More wax residue slopped about the car!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rinsed after a full wash and ready to enter the unit for a full clay then dry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was certainly a lot of contamination removed with the clay bar!

The owner asked me to fit a new rear badge

[​IMG]

Once removed, look at the gunk amassed in-between the badges, claying wasn't going to shift those lines! Also the swirly paint can be seen too!

[​IMG]

All taken care of! ;)

[​IMG]

New badge being properly fitted to the exact millimeter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Done

[​IMG]

The brake calipers and disc centres were painted satin black on the owners request too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, onto that paint!

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In these two shots below you can just see some deep scratches left in the paint. These would be dealt with via a full correction. Doing that would remove more clear coat. It would improve the look of the vehicle slightly but its important to bear in mind, in the future this owner might accrue some more scratches of a similar nature. The owner was more than happy to leave in such marks as they were barely visible.

[​IMG]

You can just about see one scratch running thru the centre of the light source

[​IMG]

There is no doubt the paint has been improved no end!

Owners wanted these removed should consider going for a full correction.

Before

[​IMG]

removing polishing oils to reveal a true finish…

[​IMG]

And After

[​IMG]

Passenger side after

[​IMG]

Working our way round to the bonnet

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

10 times better even with a light correction. I’m sure many other outfits might call this a full correction!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, wiping down with Eraser to remove any oil traces

[​IMG]

The true finish now revealed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking good!

Now some smaller areas were completed. This is a small lip underneath the rear badge. This area is used to close the rear hatch so there are always very deep marks left by rings and watches and keys.

[​IMG]

Some deep marks remain, but very happy with the outcome

[​IMG]

Roof looking much better!

[​IMG]

Now, all the polishing was done it was time to deal with all that unsightly wax/polish residue last by the dealership!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then dusted the vehicle down

[​IMG]

Once that was done it was time for another wipe down to remove polishing oils

[​IMG]

Then a cleaner fluid was applied and removed then I sealed the car with two coats of Swissvax Shield.

Wax applied

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it was time to finish up and get the car back to the customer.

Wheels sealed with Swissvax Autobahn

[​IMG]

Trim dressed with Auto Finesse Revive

[​IMG]

Some Sun Gun shots of the car just after the exterior was complete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things like the glass, seals, tyres & arches were all completed leaving just the interior and leather detail to complete.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once that was all done… its time to hand the car back to a very very happy customer and take some after photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is what the customer had to say about the work

"I had hear about paint correction and detailing from friends but I had never used these services choosing to stick with a local car cleaning company. I came across the Miglior website and I was amazed at the attention to detail both on the exterior and the interior. I contacted Miglior and I booked in a 2 year old Range Rover. Jay and his team spent 2.5 days on my car and on collection I was literally blown away. The car had the "new" look with amazing paintwork and interior to match. The Miglior teams attention to detail was second to none and nothing was too much trouble. The money I spent was a small amount when you look at the end result! Thanks to Miglior, I will be back. You should need to open up detailing in Alderley Edge"

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

Jay @ Miglior

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Great job. Love the metallic pop from that paint. Excellent work as always.

3. Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer Birth of a Detailer

nice work! must be nice to get a customer reaction like that once you're all done.

4. TigWiz

TigWiz Virgin Detailer

Very Nice work!

5. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Great work there, I would definitely say that was more than a "light correction".

-Kody-

6. brk4euros

brk4euros DB Pro Supporter

Love your photography and work!

7. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

8. ///M LifeStyle

///M LifeStyle Birth of a Detailer

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Stunning work. Looks gorgeous in the after. Looks like the Range Rover is in some good British company!

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Very nice! Its nice to know the client actually sees and appreciates the difference.