▀▄ Miglior Detailing: Introducing the NEW BMW M5 F10 - with Crystal Rock. DB 1st?▄▀

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Miglior, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

[​IMG]
    Please take the time to view our full website!!
    Detailing In Lancashire Manchester & North West - Miglior Detailing!
    If you want to see daily update and photos, please follow us! Links are below!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BMW F10 M5! - Singapore Grey

Hello Detailing Fans! Today I've got something special for you! The All-new BMW M5! This is the F10 M5, and its in hot demand at the moment. Not many at all knocking around and BMW have put back a LOT of people's orders!

I was lucky enough to have this car for a thorough test drive, thanks to the owner. I am a huge BMW M car fan, and have been since I was younger, so to have the chance to do this and drive for quite a while was fantastic. The engine is a peach, relentless torque and a fabulous sound track to match it too which I wasn't expecting due to the V10 being replaced with the V8 BiTurbo S63 engine.

The proper dual clutch transmission is brilliant! The exhaust pops on downshift are awesome!

A little more on the car…

BMW M5 – F10
    On June 15. 2011. BMW released official press information about new M5.official info Most of internet unofficial information are correct, car is powered by upgraded S63 engine which produces 560 hp and 680 Nm of torque. The high-revving V8 produces its 560 hp from 6000 to 7000 rpm, and redlines at 7200 rpm. Maximum torque is available from 1500 to 5750 rpm. Acceleration to 100 km/h (62 mph) is 4.4 seconds and top speed is limited to 250 km/h (155 mph), however it can be 305 km/h (190 mph) with M-Drivers-Package. Car weight is 1945 kg, which is 90 kilograms more than previous model. Average fuel consumption is claimed to be 9.9 liters which is 31% less compared to 5.0 liters from V10 powered M5. Car is built on a modified F10 platform, wheelbase is shorter while body is 11 millimeters longer than standard 5 series. Other details mentioned in the report include an Active M-Differential with torque vectoring between the rear wheels and optional 20-inch light alloy wheels fitted with 265/35/20 front and 295/30/20 rear Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. While the car's official world debut isn't set to occur until September at the Frankfurt Auto Show and later in North America at the LA Auto show on November 18, the new 2012 BMW M5 has already made an appearance at the M Festival at the Nurburgring 24 Hours endurance race in Germany on June 23, the Goodwood Festival of Speed, and has been shown to select members of the M Driving Experience at the Salzburg Ring in Austria. The new M5 was reported a lap time of 7:55 around the Nurburgring race track which matches the 'Ring time of the Ferrari F430.[25]
    Engine is officially dubbed the S63tu. It has revised compression, higher lift camshafts, valvetronic intake technology for added response and higher boost at 22PSI compared to the S63 unit found in the X5/X6M. The compression has also been raised and the pistons have been strengthened to cope with the added boost and compression. Redline has been raised to 7200 and continues to build power up to redline, compared to other turbo cars that tend to die on the top end. The brake calipers will be colored blue and standard for all M5s at release. 19-inch multi spoke wheels are standard and 20 inch spilt 5 spoke wheels will also be available at launch.
    [edit]First reviews
    The F10 M5 is praised by journalists, admiring the car's performance and handling. Day-to-day driving is also supposedly much better than the E60 M5, with the gearbox and fuel economy cited specifically for their improvements over the old model. Concerns have been raised regarding the steering feel and weight, however the car has, once again, received overall praise for being the best performing super saloon currently on the market; an accolade retained throughout the five model generations. [26] [27]
    [edit]

The car was booked in for a Swissvax New Car Protection Detail

I'm going to make this a quick on, if I don't, id never do the write up! I've got so many cars waiting for write-ups its silly! :(

On to some pictures!

The car after I picked it up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So started off with the wheels

[​IMG]

Cleaned with Wheel woolies!

Then onto the door shuts and intricate areas for a proper clean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the car was pre-soaked in Citrus based degreaser to break down the heavy traffic film that had accumulated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was then rinsed off and then the car was washed with our safe two-bucket method and huge sheepskin wash mitt courtesy of Dodo Juice ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it was time for decontaminating the paintwork in three stages to remove pollutants in the paint, which were not removed from just a wash. Tar spots, industrial fall out and iron filings all removed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The final stage for decontamination… claying.

Once the had been washed and decontaminated the car was rinsed again and dried with our Super plush drying towels and forced air to shift the water from panel gaps etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the car was properly clean we started with out paint cleaner to prepare the paint for Swissvax Shield and Swissvax Crystal Rock!

[​IMG]

Shield Going on! Thanks to Phil @ Meguiar's, Autoglym, Collinite, Insta Finish, Poorboy's, Dodo Juice, ValetPro, Einszett, Chemical Guys, Eurow, Lake, Kestrel, RainX - the best car care - Shinearama for quickly tagging this new pot of Shield onto an existing order at such short notice!

[​IMG]

Shield curing!

Whilst the first coat of wax was curing I tended to some other details on the car.

Exhaust before

[​IMG]

Exhaust after

[​IMG]

Now time for the icing on the cake!

Swissvax Crystal Rock!

[​IMG]

Swissvax Crystal Rock curing here

[​IMG]

The Wheels were sealed with Swissvax Autobahn whilst the Crystal Rock was curing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The glass was polished in and out and sealed, as well as the engine bay. Time was marching on so didn't get to take as many shots as I would like.

Some finished shots now!

[​IMG]

One criticism to BMW though, a bit too much orange peel on a car of this stature and value. Mind you, people like me and people who properly appreciate detailing and spot things like this are in a small niche!

[​IMG]

I am sure I will get a few wet sand bookings to sort things like this!

[​IMG]

Beautiful interior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, Some pictures after the car was delivered after some miles put on the car! I also had to swing by the owner's house on the way to the owner's place of work so it's not "studio fresh" but the pictures are still well worth sharing I think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last one!!

[​IMG]

I almost forgot this… I visited another M5 F10 owner on the way back… here's a pic of them together!

Looking lovely in Le Mans Blue!!

[​IMG]

thanks so much for checking out another write up! It's been a while since the last one! I've just checked and I have done 29 cars since my last write up. I do tend to tweet and Facebook a photo of what cars I'm working on so if you want to have a look day to day feel free!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great job looking good!

3. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

last pic is straight money.

Great job...as usual.

4. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Very nice!

5. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

Awesome job! not sure i'd want the maintenance that goes along with those seats!

6. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

That interior was mint, great job jay

7. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Great job! Those look like some comfortable seats.

8. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Nice work, pretty bad a$$ car.

-Kody-

9. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

nice job. you're right about the BMW paint having too much orange peel. My M3 is the same. terrible

10. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Perfection and the 2 cars together look great!

11. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Looks beautiful, and not one but two of them.................... "Cleaness"

12. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

thanks guys ;)

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

My wife's BMW has the lemon leather and it's surprisingly easy to keep clean.

14. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

Good job. When are you working on the LeMans blue M5?