▀▄ Miglior Detailing : Audi RS4 Full Correction ▄▀

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Miglior, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

[​IMG]

Hi guys, thanks for checking out another write up!

Here we have a Sprint Blue RS4 in for a correction after the owner admitted he’s not been able to give it the attention he wanted to over the winter! It needed a tidy up and it was booked in for a 4 day correction plus a deep leather cleanse and interior detail.

I’ll get right into the write up... the pictures do the talking a lot better than me! I’ll start with the interesting part, the actual correction!

So here it is on the lift, mid way through the correction

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The audi clear coat needs quite hefty correction combo to see much of a difference. On this car I used a 3 stage machine polish technique to get some brilliant results! I used a gloss it wool pad/festool wool pad with Menzerna S500. Then I moved onto a Chemical guys yellow polishing hex-logic pad using Menzerna Intensive polish. Then to refine the finish, I used a 3m finishing pad and Menzerna 106 ff (final finish). In between all these steps, I used regular IPA wipe downs to make a true assessment of how the paint was responding to each polishing step.
    Some areas of the car needed 2 to 3 passes due to me regulating heat or depending on the shape of the panel. I removed roughly 4-6 microns on average and up to 8-9 on some sanding marks.....as you will see later on.

So...after the polishing and IPA wipe down.

[​IMG]

Under the sun gun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dog was even impressed!

[​IMG]

More of the correction on the driver's side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IPA wipe downs

[​IMG]

Checking the true finish under the sun gun after IPA wipe downs

[​IMG]

Now, onto the sanding marks!

[​IMG]

This seems to be an area where the paint shop didn’t quite mask off enough when painting the bonnet and front wings in the past!

So, first up was to measure the paint and get cracking with the wool pad!

[​IMG]

Once we had done one pass, it was time for another IPA wipe down

[​IMG]

AS you can see, there is still evidence of the marks. It is improved, but not quite good enough.

[​IMG]

So, I gave it another pass. This removed a total of about 8 microns here... this left this...

[​IMG]

The camera is very very very close to give you an idea of how slight the marks were. The sanding paper was very coarse hence leaving deep marks

[​IMG]

There is barely anything left and even under the metal halide lights you can barely notice it! With the 8 microns that had been removed, I decided it was a brilliant result! ;)
    Then it was onto the polishing after the wool pads.

[​IMG]

After the polishing, this is how it’s looking! It still needs refining here. It has been wiped down with IPA too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Refining...

[​IMG]

Once the majority of the major correction was done, it was time to attack the intricate areas with smaller pads.

The RS4's have very prominent sills which attract a lot of scuffs due to people banging their shoes on them. I used wool on these too as they’re plastic to keep the heat down but achieve good correction levels.

[​IMG]

Once the wool was done, I switched to a Swissvax finishing pad to refine the finish.

[​IMG]

Some 50/50s on the sills

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the correction was done, the car was dusted down and I started about the finishing touches. The interior was done without the camera I’m afraid (I left my SD card at home, and its 8 miles away haha)

The glass was cleaned with Swissvax crystal

[​IMG]

The leather was cleaned with Swissvax leather cleaner. The carpets were extracted and protected with 303 fabric guard.

The dash was wiped clean with a damp MF and then treated with Jeff's Satin Prot.

[​IMG]

The seals on the outside of the car were dressed with Swissvax Seal feed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car was waxed with Swissvax Best of Show. The car received two cars of this, and afterwards....WOW!!!

Here we see the waxed being buffed with A Swissvax Micro polish cloth.

[​IMG]

Leaving this finish.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More of that later!

The wheels and tyres were scrubbed, polished and sealed with Swissvax Pneu and Swissvax Autobahn.

I think that pretty much covers it! Here are the after shots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I managed to get some after shots the day after too in the sunlight! Which, for February in Accrington is a novelty?

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading guys!

[​IMG]

2. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

edit>>>>>

3. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Looks great! Regardless of no interior shots, Werkstat Satin Prot has got to be one of the best interior protectants.
    Great job Miglior.

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

That thing looks phenomenal!! Great work man, I always enjoy your write ups. The blue on that thing really pops.

5. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

simply impeccable work on one of my all time favorites! i thoroughly enjoyed your write up as well.

6. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

7. dfazekas

dfazekas Birth of a Detailer

I love those cars.
    Great work.

8. Vinbags44

Vinbags44 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Awesome job ! That is a pretty car...

9. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Fantastic work and photos!!!!

10. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

11. bmw5541

bmw5541 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That was a beautiful correction. I am new here to DB, so this is the first write up I have seen from you. I am totally impressed. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Stunning work as usual, gorgeous color...

13. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

That car is sick. I love it. Great job on the detail as usual.

14. hostage1978

hostage1978 DB Forum Supporter

great photography! i've loved reading your posts on here and on DW! shop build pics as well.

do you buff off your applications of Satin Prot? Every time i hit my interior with it, i've got to take it down a notch for my liking.

15. detaildoc

detaildoc DB Forum Supporter

Paint loooks great.

16. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Really nice! I love that blue paint!

17. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

Wow, looks great!

Nice work...

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter