▀▄ Miglior Detailing: $385,000 Bentley is pulled from storage & Resurrected! ▄▀

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Miglior, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

[​IMG]
    Please take the time to view our full website!!
    Detailing In Lancashire Manchester & North West - Miglior Detailing!
    If you want to see daily update and photos, please follow us! Links are below!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bentley Azure

Hello Detailing Fans! Thanks for stopping by the read another write up! Its been a while since the last, I've taken 2,700 photos since :(

Anyway, this time we're looking at a Bentley Azure (2010 Model). A very opulent car, luxurious and quiet.

A little more on the car…

The Bentley Azure is a large, four seater convertible built by Bentley Motors Limited at its factory in Crewe, England. The model debuted in 1995 on the Continental platform and was produced in its original guise until 2003. A completely new version powered by a significantly updated engine and riding on the newer Arnage platform debuted in 2006. According to 2009 research by Internet Company Yahoo, the Azure is the fourth most fuel-consuming car on sale in the United Kingdom.

Volkswagen purchased Bentley from Vickers in 1998, three years into production of the Mark 1 model. Volkswagen executives decided to keep the then-current Azure in production until 2003, then release its successor at a later date. Production of the new Azure began for the 2006 model year.
    Now based on the Arnage platform, power comes from the current variant of the Bentley turbocharged V8 making 450 hp (340 kW) and 645 lb·ft (875 N·m) of torque. Volkswagen funded a significant re-working of the engine in 2001 to modernize it, including a switch from the old single-turbo system to a modern twin-turbocharger setup, reducing turbo-lag and increasing horsepower output. A new, model-specific six-speed automatic transmission feeds power to the rear wheels.

Bentley claims a 0 to 60 mile-per-hour time of 5.6 seconds and a top speed of 168 mph (270 km/h), slightly faster than the previous edition and still very good for a vehicle of this size and weight.

RRP £245,000.00 Standard

The car was booked in for a Swissvax Enhancement Detail plus leather detail.

I received a call from the car's owner to go and check out the car. The car was bought quite a while before I received a call to go an look at it, and in the mean time it had been in storage. The owner had yet to see the car too. So off I went to visit the car, and I found it under a very dusty Rolls Royce Cover in a dusty basement car park.

Here is it…

[​IMG]

Very dusty even under the cover and needing some TLC!

Here is the condition of the paint upon inspection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I reported back to the owner, it was booked in and collected by myself a few weeks later (after I pumped the tyres up!)

So into the unit and time to get this Bentley looking like it should! I should point out now, the mileage was still very low.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I started with the rims…. and removing the caps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onto washing the bodywork with the dodo's finest!

[​IMG]

Thorough clean of the fabric roof with was laden with dust and grime!

[​IMG]

Tar Removal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once all the little details were complete and the car was properly clean, it was moved into the until still wet for a claying session

[​IMG]

And dry off

[​IMG]

Now onto inspecting the paintwork. There was a lot of factory sanding marks left in the paintwork. I would have loved to give this a full correction, but the owner wanted an enhancement detail but I still was very happy with the difference we made on the car, as you will see in the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front wing before

[​IMG]

Front Wing After

[​IMG]

Single Stage windscreen surround before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Much better

Same again on the mirrors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Various other polishing shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The paintwork was then cleaned to remove any polishing oils then Swissvax Cleaner Fluid applied. After this we stepped onto giving the car 2 coats of Swissvax Shield!

[​IMG]

Once the wax was curing, there were a few other details needing sorting. One of which were the wheel caps. They were in quite a state and needed some TLC!!

Wheel components laid out on the workbench.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An idea of the condition…Eeak!

[​IMG]

Before polishing

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

They came out so much better! There were some deeper marks, but I was conscious they were delicate!

Once they were polished they had 2x coats of Swissvax Autobahn.

[​IMG]

Left to cure

[​IMG]

I wasn't happy with the actual centre caps either!

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

50/50 shot

[​IMG]

The wax on the car was now buffed off. So once we were done with the exterior I took a few shots of the paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now its time to get the little details done and the interior wrapped up!

Glass sealed

[​IMG]

Roof gully cleaned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, we came to the leather inside and it was very dirty and shiny, not good!

[​IMG]

So we cleaned it up and here's how it came out…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50/50 shot on the bolster!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The roof cover was in some real need of cleaning and sealing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the leather work was done the interior was completed and brought back to shape!

The chrome work hand polished and sealed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wood was also polished and waxed

[​IMG]

Now the engine bay was cleaned, polished and protected also!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same goes for the fuel filler cap.

[​IMG]

Now all that's done its time to check how it looked after all the work!

Some shots under the sun gun to Asses the finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I rolled it outside on the day I was delivering the car back. I took it out with a Range Rover I completed too (more on this in another write up if you want?? you tell me!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally some pics when the car was dropped off with the owner on a very cold frosty and slippery morning!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hoped you enjoyed the write up and seeing the turnaround on this special Bentley!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

Simply amazing car. Great work, I'm sure the owner will enjoy the car in it's perfect state. Hopefully he has you maintain the vehicle.

3. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

If we want?! Is that a joke? lol We ALWAYS want more. Keep 'em coming! Great job as always.

4. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Great work, that's a pretty unique looking Bentley.

-Kody-

5. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

What a beautiful car. You guys always turn out fantastic result. Top quality work!

6. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

I would be TERRIFIED driving my client's Bentley Azure back to their house in the snow. But you handled the car and the trip quite well, always very impressed with your work. I follow your threads over at detailingworld.uk and I continue to be impressed, keep it up!

7. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

nice job on a real Bentely

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Some serious work done on that Bentley...but I must say steering wheel on on the WRONG SIDE...

9. Awesome work
    :loud: duh do the truck write up

10. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

how did I miss this one great job.

11. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

Not a fan of modern Bentley and Rolls but great job and you gotta love the woodwork in side.

12. Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer Birth of a Detailer

wow, great job. crazy car. and +1 for wanting more write-ups hahaha

13. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

Thanks dude, there are more write ups on their way! :)

14. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Love those 50/50 Leather shots! Great job! What did you use?

15. bodiesbystone

bodiesbystone Virgin Detailer

Nice job. Excellent work!!

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Always enjoy your write ups tremendously. Wonderful work on what is without a doubt a wonderful motor.

17. ///M LifeStyle

///M LifeStyle Birth of a Detailer