‘Touch less’ carwash

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by togwt, Mar 2, 2009.

1. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

‘Touch less’ carwash

2. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

" Recycled meaning re-use the same water, which may include any road dirt/grit that is not filtered out is used to high-pressure (1,000PSI) wash your vehicle (somewhat similar to sandblasting) "

:giggle:

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

In theory the re-cycled water should be filtered, but how efficiently that's carried out id dependant upon the cleaning/replacement/maintenance of the system?

4. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

I've never had an issue with recycled water. They usually do a very good job at filtering the water for reuse.

5. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

This thread came to be very usefull as I didn't know any of these facts...I'm shocked that this news is bad when I always thought it was good...I would rate this a 5...:thumb:

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Some operators are better than others, when I offer advise I err on the side of caution

7. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I always knew there was something wrong with these even though they don't have those terrible brushes. I'm surprised they use hydrofluoric acid; isn't that dangerous?

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Wow! Scary stuff. Thanks for another informative article. :thumb:

9. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Jon - A few months ago I posted a link to your Wiki on this subject over at a popular car wash forum (autocareforum.com) and it raised a major stink that they deleted the entire thread. All I can say is that the Car Wash Operators there didn't think your facts were too accurate.

I PM'd you twice, but you never responded?

10. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Interesting. I'd like to heard what they have to say on the subject...

11. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Always a problem with unbiased opinions. ( see A Texas study shows that hand washing is one of the worst ways to clean your vehicle – http://www.harvscarwash.com/carwashstudy.pdf ) I never recivied your e-mail (it sometimes takes me awhile, but I will always respond)

If it were not based on fact why would'nt they send me an e-mail direct as my e-mail is always available Please forward a link to their response/ or PM me it might be an interesting read

12. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Why was this article deleted? I was just going to reference it for a response on another forum...

13. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

togwt got in trouble for plaigarising info. I think the mods must have pulled all his articles.

14. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Actually, some of the articles are still up. And the ones that were deleted, were deleted by togwt, not the mods. Never thought him to be the type to plagiarize.