CG degreasers and APCs... Which one???

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Dontsleeponit, Nov 14, 2007.

1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

"Which one of your degreasers would you recommend for wheels, wheel wells, and engine bays? I need something safe on all metals and wheels."

CG- "try premium blue I think you will like it."

"Is there anything premium blue shouldnt be used on? Will it brown tires?"

"Premium Blue is safe for tires and rims, just make sure you clean the tire thoroughly before applying your dressing and you should not have a problem with brown tires."

I know exactly what you mean about their descriptions.

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Well, its confusing until you................ call them

3. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

I called twice today, got the voicemail both times...

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

clear ur PM box!!!!!

Keep trying! Just ask Wolfpacker!

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Shit sorry, all cleared.

6. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I've been using APC on wheels for a while without any ill effect. then again, i don't do cars with rims costing hundreds or thousands of dollars as well. But I also do a QD wipe down after cleaning them. makes them shinier!!!
    A new product that's been working very well is called "Awesome", and you get it from Dollar General. It's in the cleaning section. This stuff is phenominal at brake dust, cleaning tires and wells. I also use it on bugs. I will strip LSP easily... but that's why i only use it on ONE time cust.

7. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Yea generally it will be fine, but over time is when you start to see some cheaper wheels start to turn white and faded.

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

only had that happen once... back in the "day" i used 409 on my wheels and it was the most horrible thing in the world!!!!:eek:

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I got you beat brother! I used to use Comet on my NSX wheels. Whats funny is they never cracked, faded or peeled!!!

10. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

:crasy::crasy::crasy:

Yes you got me beat... don't know that I even would of ever thought of that!!! man how we've evolved!!

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

what??? you used comet on NSX wheels? Should of used Clorox bleach...:dbanana:
    I like P21S gel wheel cleaner on wheels. Better be safe, then sorry.
    And it's the only wheel cleaner I'd use on M5 wheels.

12. eShine

eShine Guest

If Chemical Guys makes a product for a company CG should not also sell the product they devoloped for them, usually at a wholesale price too! Just my $0.001

13. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

From what Ive been told, a lot of times companies dont want to pay for say..... 500 gallons of something so they only buy half. Or they pay less and not get exclusivity for the product.

14. eShine

eShine Guest

Oh, that makes sence. It is hard to commit to so much when a company is starting out. I think a company should sell only the best of it's products. For example, if you make 5 sealants and one of them is the best...ditch the other 4!

15. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

[​IMG]

So who else has used some of these CG APCs? Id like as much real world feedback on them as I can get...

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Just call them!

17. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Its nice to know what works for the people who buy the stuff, not just the ones who sell it... ;)

18. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Yea I get what you mean, its just that since detailing is so subjective and then you have 5 people talking about 5 different products, its hard to really gauge what it is.

Having ONE person's perception whos tried ALL of them may be better. Paul doesnt push the sale, hes seriously talked me out of so many products.

I had to MAKE him sell me certain items. (for example)

(I pick up a gallon)
    Paul: why do you want that?
    Me: I heard good things about it
    Paul: You have a better version of it already
    Me: yea but I want to try it
    Paul: dont waste ur money
    Me: but I want to try it
    Paul: then heres a 16oz for free, try it and if you like it then come back and get the gallon
    Me: :confused:

19. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Lol thats funny man. There is a local detail shop by me that sells nice stuff, and the guy there is very trustworthy as far as Im concerned because he does the same thing. I ask about something expensive, and he tells me no you dont need that or here this is better at half the price. :rollinglaugh:

Ill probably place an order through CG after the holidays, I have awhile to decipher everything and figure out what Ill want. At this point im not shopping because I NEED stuff, I just want more stuff.;)

20. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Oh btw FMINUS, going back to your post on AG about the duragloss orange APC, does it stack up against your pick from CG? Ive liked all the duragloss stuff Ive tried, and I wouldn't mind picking up a bottle of that stuff to try.